We are looking to add 1-2 full-time coaches to our world-class team.
We are looking for coaches that first and foremost fit our culture, our vision, and our values. Our ideal candidate is someone who is humble, hard-working, and great with people. We want someone who loves being a part of a strong team, and enjoys giving and receiving feedback. Knowledge and experience is a plus, but likely not the determining factor.
To apply, please take your time going through this entire post, our website, social media pages, and podcasts. If working for us feels like a “hell yeah” for you, then shoot me an email at [email protected] and tell me a little bit about yourself, and why you think you would be a perfect fit for this position.
About FitTown Jupiter and what we are looking for…
My brother Tony and I originally opened FitTown as CrossFit Palm Beach back in December of 2012. Over the last 8+ years, we have grown FitTown to over 400 active members, and have become one of the premier functional fitness gyms in the country. We have an incredible facility with 2 buildings (8000 sq ft and 4000 sq ft) on US1 in Jupiter, FL right near the small town of Tequesta.
We offer FTX classes (our former CrossFit classes), BeachFit (boot-camp style) classes, Personal Training, Nutrition, and Kids/Teens classes, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within our gym. We also have a gym podcast with over 50 episodes (FitTown Show on Itunes) as well as a business podcast (Seven Figure Box) where we help gym owners and coaches, that has over 150 episodes.
Tony and I are on a mission to create our dream gym, the type of gym that we love showing up to every day. We truly love our gym and our community, which is why you will see us taking classes every single day at FitTown.
We are looking for coaches who will fall in love with our community and love taking classes every day just as much as we do. We are looking for coaches who love being a part of our events and will invest time in our members. We are looking for coaches who love being a part of a team and can share our core values and can live by the 3 daily actions (listed below).
The Daily Commitments of a Rockstar Coach at FitTown
We now have a staff of 8 full-time coaches who have become a part of our family. One of the things that we strive for most is to provide a true career opportunity for our coaches and employees. We believe coaching is one of the most influential and important roles that this world has to offer, and we want to professionalize what it means to be a fitness coach. We believe that coaches deserve to be treated like professionals and compensated accordingly.
The role of the professional coach needs to be earned, not given. We believe that this role is earned through 3 daily commitments which is to care, coach, and lead.
We go into every situation with empathy and looking to help first. We remember and use names. We ask great questions and sincerely listen to the answer. We treat every person as an individual. We learn their story, their goals, and the obstacles in their way. We are early, prepared, and fully present in everything we do. We put the class and client experience first.
We make people better. We help them build confidence and achieve things they never thought were possible. We help them move safely and stay injury-free. We praise what they are doing well, and bring attention and intention to what can be improved. We see all situations, good or bad, as an opportunity to coach our clients to better outcomes.
We Lead By Example
We live with a growth mindset and are always seeking ways we can improve. We take ownership of our lives, and focus on what we can control. We don’t gossip. We exemplify what a healthy outlook on exercise, nutrition, and body image looks like. We are aligned in our personal lives and our coaching lives. We live with integrity.
FitTown Mission and Core Values:
Our team is on a mission to empower people and communities to live happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives. We aim to make fitness fun and sustainable so our members can enjoy working out and kicking ass into their 90s and beyond. We do this by providing personal coaching in an energetic, fun, and inclusive team-environment.
In May of 2020, we rebranded CrossFit Palm Beach to FitTown Jupiter. We’ve always strived to be more than just another CrossFit gym, and rebranding to FitTown enabled us to fully embody the impact we wanted to have on our local Jupiter/Tequesta community. When the fall-out with former CrossFit CEO Greg Glassman happened a couple months later, we decided we would not renew our CrossFit affiliate, and would go all-in on our new FitTown brand. This has been a tremendous decision for us and our community, and has allowed us to fully live and breathe the values listed below.
FitTown Core Values
- We are a family. Introduce yourself to others and know everyone by name. Treat the gym better than your home. Clean up after yourself and always leave the gym better than when you walked in.
- The class comes first. FitTown should be the best 45-60 minutes of our member’s day and the in-class experience is what makes FitTown great. Create an atmosphere where members love coming and never want to leave.
- Team > Individual. Relentless focus on others over yourself. No Egos. Coaching must come before your own training. Regularly take classes with members.
- Constant and never-ending pursuit of excellence. Pay attention to the details and go above and beyond what is asked. Be early. Be overprepared. How you do anything is how you do everything.
- Extreme ownership of everything in your life. Live with honesty and integrity. No Gossip. If you have an issue with someone, speak directly to them and no one else.
- Live with a growth mindset. Hungry to learn and grow, and constantly make yourself a better coach and employee. Regularly read books, listen to podcasts, and attend seminars and certifications.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please email me directly [email protected] to tell me a little bit about yourself, and why you think this position is the perfect fit. I’m looking forward to speaking with you.
About the position:
Full-time FTX/BeachFit Coach
We are looking for coaches that can come in and coach 15-20 hours per week of FTX and BeachFit classes. We believe that the best way to make a career out of being a coach is through a combination of personal training, group classes, and taking on 1 or 2 roles outside of coaching like programming, events, sales, social media, etc.
- Minimum Requirements:
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer or Comparable Functional Fitness Certification
- Team Player – Humble, Welcomes Feedback
- Understands and is driven by the FitTown mission and vision
- Understands and lives by FitTown Core Values
- Your role as a coach and a leader in our community must come before your own training.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Coach all scheduled FTX and BeachFit group classes
- Attend and actively participate in weekly coach’s meetings and coach’s development sessions
- Be available to take on personal training clients and 1-on-1 fundamentals a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Never ending pursuit of coaching excellence via continued education, coach’s development sessions, and 1-on-1 coach’s evaluations.
- Participate (as an athlete) in FitTown group classes at least 4X/week minimum.
- Eventually take on a role outside the gym. Social media, programming, front desk, sales, marketing, nutrition, etc.
- Additional Expectations:
- FitTown (and the role as a full-time coach) is a top priority in your life.
- Adhere to FitTown core values inside and outside of the gym (including social media)
- Be an open source of communication. No gossip.
- Cover additional classes when needed (up to 4 per week)
- Fulfill all opening and/or closing duties
- Be on the floor and engaged with members at least 10 minutes before and after every class.
- Be fully prepared for class (lesson plan) prior to the 10 minutes before every class.
- Greet and take care of walk-ins and drop-ins whenever present at FitTown
- Post regular gym/member updates to Slack
- Actively participate in all FitTown hosted coach’s development sessions and 1-on-1 coach’s development sessions
- Help stage, clean, and organize the gym before and after all classes
- Help set up, clean up, and run events such as beach WODs, in-house competitions, and parties.
- Continued education and never-ending pursuit of coaching excellence