Hey FitTown Fam,
This time we’re in will be a pivotal one as a business, as a country and as individuals. I know I’ve been one to champion the stoic mindset, advising to guard the gate of your mind and feelings. But the recent events in our country makes it impossible not to get emotionally involved. Emotional for all sides, for every single life lost. I found my own emotions and tears coming out in our team meeting this past week.
Through many productive conversations with our team and community members this past week, we’ve analyzed our role in helping to eradicate systemic racism. We’ve also laid out possible courses of action to accomplish our mission of creating a force for good and leaving a positive lasting impact on our FitTown of Jupiter and beyond. I could not be prouder of the amazing humans we have on our team.
We have a code for our coaches that we live by.
We care, we coach, we lead by example.
We purposely do this in this order. We must first provide a caring ear and genuinely hear the concerns of our community. We then see every conflict as an opportunity to coach, and be coached. When we don’t know something, we know we want to learn it, so that we can help others with it in the future. And finally, we lead with our actions. It’s not enough to tell others what to do, we must be the change we want to see in this world.
Every person and business will have a different role to play in the positive change our world is going through.
Here is where we see our unique set of skills contributing to our FitTown of Jupiter and beyond. We don’t just list these to list these, but to enlist our community to join with us to compound these efforts.
- Being a voice to say “racism”, from or against any race in this world, should not and will not be tolerated.
- Facilitating productive discussions to take place about how we can all be the positive change we want to see in this world.
- Continuing to create a judgment-free, stress-relieving sanctuary of fitness for all to come and enjoy.
- Connecting with the underprivileged youths in our community to serve them as coaches, mentors, and teachers of health and wellness.
- Performing training sessions and/or classes for youths who may not have the means to pay for it themselves. Setting up “scholarship” spots to allow the less fortunate to join our programs.
- Teaming up with local sports leagues and after-school programs to ensure no child is left behind when it comes to wanting to participate in fitness.
- Further learning how, and teaching others how to run inclusive fitness programs, for youth and adults alike.
- Directing future fundraising efforts towards black and minority programs, schools, and organizations.
- Help our community understand the value of a growth mindset and an infinite timeline. The small actions, performed every day, day after day, are what lead to long-lasting change.
If you have further ideas on how we can help create positive change in our community and beyond, we’d love to hear them.
If you find your emotions running high at this time, pause and take some deep breaths. Take a step back from social media and the news. Allow yourself the freedom to think freely, have real conversations with the people around you, all while giving yourself grace to feel anything and everything, absent of overwhelm. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to your coaches.
Let’s do our part to spread love and make an impact on this world.